Research & Formulation Of Nutribody Protein®
Two years of product research and trial went into creating Nutribody Protein®. Part of the challenge was to create a tasty, satisfying protein powder without compromising any aspect of your overall health. Below is some of the research we found that helped us create the most nutritious, complete protein shake on the market.
Pea & Rice Protein Research
- Pea Flour Protein Nitrogen Exhibits Good Ideal Digestibility and Postprandial Retention in Humans.
- A study on the effect and mechanism of rice protein on cholesterol and triglyceride metabolism compared to casein and soy protein in rats indicated that both rice proteins had cholesterol-lowering effects in the plasma and the liver, comparable to soy protein, and the effects were accompanied with TG-lowering effects in the liver.
- A study published in the British Journal of Nutrition suggests that diets high in rice protein can help protect against atherosclerosis by increasing blood levels of nitric oxide.
- Study results demonstrate anti-atherogenic potentials of a rice derived protein
- A study shows that a rice protein isolate alters 7,12-dimethylbenz[alpha]anthracene-induced mammary tumor development in female rats.
- A study on the hypertensive activity of rice protein and its ability to reduce blood pressure.
- Feeding rice protein isolate (RPI) has been reported to prevent the development of heart disease and to improve body composition by reducing % fat content in rats fed a rice protein source during development.
Citrulline Malate Research
- Citrulline Malate promotes aerobic energy production in human exercising muscle. (British Association of Sports and Exercise Medicine)
- Citrulline Malate limits increase in muscle fatigue induced by bacterial endotoxins.
- Administering citrulline malate to animals demonstrates protection against acidosis and ammonia poisoning which further explains the properties of citrulline malate in man.
- In a microbial model, malate accelerated the clearance of ammonium and Citrulline facilitated lactate metabolism. The results suggest a synergistic action of the complex which showed an increase in a cell's ability to synthesize ATP two-fold higher with the addition of Citrulline Malate.
High Oleic, Monounsaturated, Sunflower OTP
Monounsaturated fat is considered to be one of the healthiest types of general fat. It has none of the adverse effects associated with saturated fats, trans-fats, or omega-6 polyunsaturated vegetable oils.
Research shows that diets with healthy amounts of monounsaturated fats have a host of amazing health benefits, including:
- Decreased risk for breast cancer. A study of women in Sweden found that those with diets higher in monounsaturated fats (as opposed to polyunsaturated fats) resulted in less frequent incidence of breast cancer.
- Reduced cholesterol levels. The American Heart Association recommends the consumption of MUFAs to improve your blood lipid profile. The effect of monounsaturated fats was studied in the DELTA Study. DELTA is short for Dietary Effects on Lipoproteins and Thrombogenic Activity. When monounsaturated fats replace saturated fat in the diet, they improve cholesterol levels. They reduce triglycerides, total cholesterol, and LDL, which is also known as the bad carrier for cholesterol. They increase HDL, known as the good carrier for cholesterol.
- Lower risk for heart disease and stroke. Diets with monounsaturated fats correlate with healthy hearts and fewer strokes.
- Weight loss. Studies have found that switching to monounsaturated fat from diets with trans fats and polyunsaturated fats results in weight loss.
- Less severe pain and stiffness for sufferers of rheumatoid arthritis. Diet plays a role in improving the pain and stiffness of those who already have rheumatoid arthritis.
- Reduced belly fat. A study published by the American Diabetes Association found that diets with monounsaturated fat could improve the loss of belly fat better than high carbohydrate diets.
- And oleic acid, specifically, has been demonstrated to promote proteins that induce the survival, development, and function of neurons.
Organic Stevia 98% RebA
- Stevia works as an immunomodulator, stimulating both humoral and cellular immunity, as well as phagocytic function.
- Studies have also shown that it can increase both insulin sensitivity and the insulin action on glucose transport in skeletal muscle – thus helping to control obesity.
- In addition, stevia has been shown to significantly decrease plasma glucose levels in volunteers – and notably after overnight fasting.
- And finally, studies have indicated that stevia can be beneficial for patients with mild hypertension.
If you are interested in a more narrative description of the above research and how we use each ingredient in Nutribody Protein®, then please check out our Nutribody Protein® Nutrition Facts page.